Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week...oh forget it

So, our internet was down and we finally had it fixed, so now I can share with you all another little nugget of truth that has been on my mind and heart!

First let's get the stats out of the way...week two down...starting week three...I lost nothing...ok let me clarify...those two lovely pounds I lost? Yeah...they came back...then I got them off again. Let's explain that one, shall we? Hehe.

I wanted to share with you all a few more throughts for losing weight and having meaningful and productive workouts.

This goes back to my thoughts on what it is we are really doing when we pray for blessings over our meals, but this is a little more about the exercising aspect of getting healthy.

I will praise You as long as I live,
and in Your name I will lift up my hands. (Psalm 63:4)

Lift up your hands in the sanctuary
and praise the LORD. (Psalm 134:2)

I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer,
without anger or disputing. (I Timothy 2:8)
Sometimes when we are singing in church, I see people (sometimes myself included) with their hands lifted. It is just one of the many ways some of us choose to surrender ourselves to God during that special time of praise.
But did you know that lifting your arms above the height of your heart increases your heart rate? If you have ever tried power-walking, you know what I'm talking about. If you've ever laughed at the people on the sidewalks swinging their arms like they're about to break into dance, they're actually getting an awesome workout!
So if you are walking or at the gym and you have the balance to do so, raise your hands up, whether you are singing along with your iPod, or praying. While worshiping, you are also working that much harder to purify your temple, which is not just your mind, but also your body.
Hope this helps! Will keep you all posted as much as possible! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment