Sunday, August 1, 2010

Oh yeah...

So, I forgot to mention on this blog, I GOT THE JOB!!!

That's right!! After over a year of praying and searching for work, God has provided a job for me that is not just a job but an amazing ministry opportunity!

I'm going to be working at Steppin' Stone Farms http://www.steppinstonefarm.org/index.htm, training to be a house parent. It's going to be a very demanding, though extremely rewarding job, and it seems to be EXACTLY what God has been preparing me for!

I start this Wednesday at around 10 a.m., and prayers would be GREATLY appreciated! I am still quite nervous about it, but I know that if this is God's plan for my life, it will work out. I'm trusting in all His promises He gave me during this past year.

I was talking to my dear friend Robin Parker today and I was telling her how I wasn't looking forward to not being able to go to my church every week. I said, "why is God taking me away from my HOME!?" (emphasis on excessively whiny voice), and then I realized what I'm really saying is "why is God taking me out of my COMFORT ZONE!?"

But He never once promises our lives in Him will be easy...He does promise, though, that He will never leave or forsake us. So we are never truly alone. It is such a comfort to remember always that the same God I worship Sunday mornings at Fishhawk Fellowship Church is the same God I worship at Refuge at Bell Shoals...Metamorphosis .... Daily in my own living room... driving in the car... and working at the Farm! He's in all of those places, which means I'm not truly torn apart from my family! How EXCITING is that!?

So, I'm actually going to try to keep this post short (I always say that, don't I?), so I'll end it here. But another blog is coming soon, I promise!

Thank you all for your prayers up to this point, and I hope you will continue to pray as I start to learn how to do that which I truly believe God is calling me to!

No comments:

Post a Comment